Paint Couture Paint is a water based Acrylic paint that is self leveling, very durable and user friendly. You can brush or spray, and it is great for projects large and small!
Typically, most wood furniture pieces require no sanding. Priming is occasionally required. When the surface is extremely smooth, you can rough up the surface area lightly with 120 or 220 grit sandpaper.
In cases when your project is MDF (medium density fiberboard, such as ikea or plastic laminate) scuff sand with 220 grit sandpaper, and coat of XIM UMA primer.
- Stir or shake the Paint Couture prior to each use.
- We recommend a synthetic brush.
- One quart will cover approximately 100 sq ft
- Ideally when painting, the room temperature should be 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit, with humidity lower than 50%.
- Let the paint dry a minimum of 4 hours before recoating. Apply the same way as the first coat.
- Distress with a sanding pad or 400 grit sandpaper
- Topcoat is not required, but will improve durability
- Light use after 24 hour dry time and full use after 7 days.