Sweet Pickins Milk Paint is a true milk paint which comes in a powder form. Our Milk Paint is environmentally safe, non-toxic and is food safe. There is a slight milky odor when it is applied, but it is completely odorless when dry. Our Milk paint is 100% VOC free and is made with all natural earth materials.
Mixing & Coverage
To make the paint, you simply mix the powder with warm water. How far the paint goes will depend upon your painting technique, how thick/thin you mix the paint, how many coats you do and the contrast between the color your are painting compared to the piece your are painting.
- 2 oz. sample – covers approx 12 sq ft.
- 6 oz. pint – covers approx 36 sq ft.
- 12 oz. quart – covers approx 72 sq ft.
Add Extra Bond when painting over a nonporous or previously finished/painted piece of furniture. The Extra – Bond will ensure adhesion and give you better control over chipping. I highly recommend to always have the Extra Bond on hand when using milk paint. Milk paint is known for its unpredictability when not using the Extra Bond.
- Because milk paint comes in a powder form, you can control how thick/thin you mix the paint. You can use it as you would regular paint, thinner for a wash/stain or thicker to create texture.
- Milk Paint can naturally chip or crackle when applied over some existing finishes. This can result in an authentic look reminiscent of a chippy/aged/timeworn piece of furniture.
- Sweet Pickins Milk Paint colors can be mixed together to achieve your own custom colors. You can also add white to lighten or black to darken. Remember to keep your ratios if you want to recreate the color!
- Sweet Pickins Milk Paint can be top coated with any available product on the market. To protect milk paint from water spots and make it easier to clean, it must be top coated.
- Many variations in color and texture naturally occur on milk painted pieces and this is completely normal. These unique variations which only come with true milk paint, add depth and dimension to each project.
- You can use the same techniques for distressing and glazing milk paint as you would any other paint. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Hey! We are running an awesome promotion. Please participate and tell your friends about it as well.
Spend. Earn. Reward.
We are in the process of updating the instructions.
What is the Loyalty Rewards Program?
Once you join, you can collect points on every purchase and cash them out at some point on your next purchase. A unique way to thank you for choosing us as your retailer.
- Earn 10 points for every $1 spent (does not include shipping)
- Points can be accumulated by making one or more purchases.
- Redeem points for discounts, freebies, and free shipping offers.
- Points do not expire.
How do I register?
Where can I see the total number of points?
How do I redeem my points?
You can redeem your points before you make your purchase by clicking the Claim tab from the account screen.
- Next select the reward of your choice and click redeem
- A coupon code will be provided to enter at checkout
Do my points expire?
How do I earn bonus points?
Nope! Your loyalty points do not expire, nor does a redeemed coupon code until it has been used.
You can earn points by doing extra tasks from the Earn tab.
- Enter Etsy Orders
- Birthday: Enter you birthday to receive an annual birthday surprise
- Follow us on Facebook
- Join our mailing list
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Pinterest
Do my previous Etsy purchases convert to points?
Sure do, well not automatically. Visit the earn tab to enter your past previous Etsy purchases.
- Click on enter Etsy order number
- Enter the order number from your Etsy search history
- Etsy purchases receive 5 points for every dollar spent.
- Reward points/ coupons can be redeemed on our website only.
Refer a Friend
From the Referral tab, you will see your custom referral URL. Copy and share this URL to give your friends 10% off their first purchase at Piglet's Closet.
- Your URL is custom and unique to your account, so share as many times as you would like!
- You'll earn 250 bonus points when they make a purchase
- Offer is only valid for new customers and on their first purchase
How can I view points I have redeemed?
To view your point history click the three lines in the left corner of the widget and
click "Point History"
Handling Time: Our handling time is 1-2 business days. We do not drop ship and our inventory levels represent our product on hand. We can special order any custom size, product, etc. Feel free to contact us for an invoice.
Local Pickup: Allow 1-3 Business Days for Local Pickup
Located at Angela's Attic - 1020 Gardner Street, South Beloit, IL 61080
***Please note our online inventory is NOT representative of products available in store. Choosing local pickup ensures we pull the product and have it ready for you at the counter. Please allow 1-3 business days. Message us to inquire about whether an item is available in store.
Below are the shipping method options and costs. Please refer to your order notifications (email or mobile messages) for the most up-to-date information.
|Standard 1-3 Day
(Orders $50 and over)
|Standard 1-4 Day
(Orders under $50)
Allow 1-2 Business Days for Local Pickup
:For shipments to a P.O. Box, we offer USPS Priority free on orders $50 and over. APO/FPO/DPO Military Addresses:
All shipments to APO, FPO, and DPO addresses are sent via USPS Priority. Due to military handling time, delivery to some destinations may take up to 21 days.